Title:ecto Version:3.0.2 Developer:illumineX, inc. Category:Internet Sub category:Internet Utilities Downloads:7644
Rate 91% (Votes 4598)
Short description: Post entries to weblog systems (was Kung-Log).
Updated? Previous version had problems with install to 10.14.3...
Shirm, Yes, everything is fine here
Let me know if you need any help Added changes Version 3.0.2:
Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
Please fix it download link a1bx3.ecto.3.0.2.dmg
sckmdck, Sorry, fixed
Good! :) found !
Finally found a long forgotten site!)
Wow, on Lion started and works
ecto is a feature-rich desktop blogging client for Mac OS X, supporting a wide range of weblog systems, such as Blogger, Blojsom, Drupal, MovableType, Nucleus, TypePad, WordPress, and more. ecto is the successor of the wildly popular Kung-Log. With ecto you can write and manage entries for your weblog(s). The advantage over using your weblog's control panel is that you can compose entries offline and use the extra features ecto offers, such as spellcheck, creating links, attachments, amazon support, Flickr integration via 1001 and much more. ecto is designed to make blogging much more easier and yet give the users as much power as possible to manage their weblogs.
- support for multiple weblogs and servers (with easy-to-use Account Manager)
- full local control of recently posted entries and drafts (with search function)
- intuitive interface for creating and editing weblog entries
- a Rich Text and an HTML editor with spellcheck and search/replace
- syntax-coloring in the HTML editor
- quick access menu with HTML tag templates and keyboard shortcuts (fully customizable)
- support of all available remote control options of MovableType API (posting entries with continuation, summary, keywords, multiple categories, trackback, text-formatting, comment options)
- advanced create-a-link dialog
- easily change the posting date of entries
- full-featured HTML-rendered preview of entries using Safari's WebKit
- powerful file and media upload, incl. iPhoto import, via attachments
- convert, scale images and create thumbnails
- create poster movies or create thumbnails from movie frames
- save settings on a per-blog basis
- send notifications by email (with Address Book support)
- insert details of the currently playing iTunes song in your entry
- embedded debug console to troubleshoot server connections
- extensive help documentation accessible from within ecto
- hate the metal and icons? Set the window texture via the Preferences window and change icons with the supplied switcher!
- works with NetNewsWire, PulpFiction, and Shrook
- localized in Chinese, Dutch, French, German, and Japanese
- support for del.icio.us, the social bookmarks manager
- Services menu items to blog selected text (with extra features for Safari)
- Flickr integration via 1001 app
- Amazon Tool
- and much much more!