Title:IceCat Version:38.8.0 Developer:GNU Project Category:Internet Sub category:Browsers Downloads:7181
Rate 91% (Votes 3679)
Short description: Open-Source browser based on Firefox.
Updated? Previous version had problems with install to 10.14.3...
Shirm, Yes, everything is fine here
Let me know if you need any help Added changes
Please fix it download link ukjz2.IceCat.38.8.0.dmg
sckmdck, Sorry, fixed
Good! :) found !
Finally found a long forgotten site!)
Wow, on Lion started and works
IceCat is the GNU version of the Firefox browser. Its main advantage is an ethical one: it is entirely free software. While the Firefox source code from the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins and addons. Also their trademark license restricts distribution in several ways incompatible with freedom 0.
- HTTPS-Everywhere: Extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure
- SpyBlock: Blocks privacy trackers while in normal browsing mode, and all third party requests when in private browsing mode. Based on Adblock Plus
- AboutIceCat: Adds a custom "about:icecat" homepage with links to information about the free software and privacy features in IceCat, and checkboxes to enable and disable the ones more prone to break websites
- Fingerprinting Countermeasures: Fingerprinting is a series of techniques allowing to uniquely identify a browser based on specific characterisics of that particular instance (like what fonts are available in that machine). Unlike cookies the user cannot opt-out of being tracked this way, so the browser has to avoid giving away that kind of hints
- Open-source internet browser based on Mozilla's Firefox, that comes with already installed (three) extensions to protect your privacy
- Link to DL a LangPack add-on other than English for IceCat
- Unstable release of IceCat
- And the link to the LangPack add-ons (other than English) for the unstable release of IceCat