Title:Filerr Version:1.0.1 Developer:Develant Technologies AB Category:Utilities Sub category:File Management Downloads:6843
Rate 91% (Votes 3358)
Short description: Watches your Mac for file names not compatible with Windows.
Updated? Previous version had problems with install to 10.14.3...
Shirm, Yes, everything is fine here
Let me know if you need any help Added changes
Please fix it download link lwja1.Filerr.1.0.1.dmg
sckmdck, Sorry, fixed
Good! :) found !
Finally found a long forgotten site!)
Wow, on Lion started and works
Filerr watches for file names that are not compatible with Windows computers, Windows formatted USB drives or online cloud services like Dropbox and Jungle Disk.
Mac OSX allows file names with characters that are not supported by Windows computers, Windows formatted USB drives or cloud services such as Dropbox and Jungle Disk. These file names include:
- File names containing the characters / : * ? " |
- File names beginning with space " "
Creating files with incompatible file names is unfortunately very common on the Mac, for example:
- Dragging a Web page from Chrome, Firefox or Safari to the Finder (e.g. most WordPress blogs have the invalid character "|" in their title).
- Copying files from a DMG archive you have downloaded from the Internet.
- If you share folders with other Mac users.
- If you run a Mac OSX file server.
- If you label a file incorrectly yourself.
Filerr runs as a menu bar icon under Mac OSX that detects files names not compatible with Windows computers, Windows formatted USB drives or online cloud services like Dropbox and Jungle Disk.
You can choose what folders Filerr should watch, and if Filerr should ignore any folders. You can also choose if Filerr should automatically color tag incompatible file names so they are easier to find in the Finder.