Title:Bean Version:3.2.12 Developer:James Hoover Category:Business Sub category:Word Processing Downloads:7367
Rate 91% (Votes 2380)
Short description: Fast and uncluttered word processor.
Updated? Previous version had problems with install to 10.14.3...
Shirm, Yes, everything is fine here
Let me know if you need any help Added changes Version 3.2.12:
Note: For macOS High Sierra or macOS Mojave
Not compatible with earlier macOS versions
Maintenance release for macOS High Sierra and Mojave. Supports Dark Mode in Mojave.
Please fix it download link vmfx0.Bean.3.2.12.dmg
sckmdck, Sorry, fixed
Good! :) found !
Finally found a long forgotten site!)
Wow, on Lion started and works
Bean is no longer being actively developed, but will be updated as necessary to patch bugs and maintain OS X compatibility
Bean is lean, fast, and uncluttered. If you get depressed at the thought of firing up MS Word or OpenOffice, try Bean.
If you use Text Edit but have to jump through hoops just to get a word count or change the margins, try Bean.
If you're pining away for Write Now-esque simplicity or just want a low-pressure writing environment, try Bean.Features:
- A live word count
- A Get Info panel for in-depth statistics
- A zoom-slider to easily change the view scale
- An Inspector panel with lots of sliders
- Date-stamped backups
- A page layout mode
- An alternate colors option (e.g., white text on blue)
- An option to show invisible characters (tabs, returns, spaces)
- Selection of text by text style, paragraph style, color, etc.
- A floating windows option (like Stickies has)
- Easy to use menus
- Remembers cursor postion (excluding .txt, .html, .webarchive formats)
- All of Cocoa's good stuff (dictionary, word completion, etc.)
- Please keep in mind that Bean is betaware