Title:jEdit Version:5.3.0 Developer:Slava Pestov Category:Development Sub category:Editors Downloads:6844
Rate 91% (Votes 2046)
Short description: Java based text editor.
Updated? Previous version had problems with install to 10.14.3...
Shirm, Yes, everything is fine here
Let me know if you need any help Added changes
Please fix it download link uys24.jEdit.5.3.0.dmg
sckmdck, Sorry, fixed
Good! :) found !
Finally found a long forgotten site!)
Wow, on Lion started and works
jEdit is a cross platform, programmer's text editor written in Java. Developed by Slava Pestov and others, jEdit is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Features include:
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 1.6 or higher virtual machine - this includes MacOS X, Linux, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, Intellij IDEA, and OS X (5.0)
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as "registers")
- Register contents are saved across editing sessions
- "Kill ring" automatically remembers previously deleted text
- Rich set of keyboard commands for manipulating entire words, lines and paragraphs at a time
- "Markers" for remembering positions in files to return to later
- Marker locations are saved across editing sessions
- Any number of editor windows may be open, each window may be split into several areas, each area can view a different file and keep track of an independent set of buffers. Alternatively, different locations in one file can be viewed in more than one area
- Multiple open windows and split windows are remembered between editing sessions
- Rectangular selection
- Multiple selection (sometimes known as "discontinuous" or "additive" selection) for manipulating several chunks of text at once
- Word wrap